How to Sell Your UBot Studio Software
Why Product Creation Works
Software makers selling on the internet have an amazing potential for growth with very little expense. If you miss this opportunity, you'll know it in a few years, when you see ideas you should have brought to life making money for others. The reasons to begin right now are obvious:
- Global sales: There are 195 countries. We can sell to all of them no matter where we are, and we pay no customs, no tariffs, no shipping fees.
- No third parties: Set up a website and, short of Paypal or your Payment Processor taking a few percent, there are no distributors or retailers cutting into our profits.
- Free tools and education: Most of the software we need to build a business with is not only available to download, it comes with more free education than any university. It's all there for the taking.
- No up front costs: We don't need offices or fax machines or secretaries to get going. We can rent everything for next to nothing until customers start using our services and taxing our servers. This means “no money down!” and no need to go take out a costly, dangerous loan.
- We can build a brand: We don't have to convince journalists we're worth writing about, and we don't have to pay for ads to get our name out. All the tools to create your own press, everything from Twitter to SEO to PR Articles, are free. We just have to learn how to use them.
Contrast this with just about any other marketplace in the world. No one is as free as software makers selling via the internet. All we need is an idea for a product that people are willing to pay for and the skills to pull it off. Ideas are all around us and the skills are learnable.
So where do we start?
Begin With An Idea
- Build something new that the world has never seen.
- Build something more beautiful than it was before.
- Make something faster.
- Make the same thing, cheaper.
- Create a product that's easier to use than what's out there.
How To Build A Business
It doesn't take a monetary investment to begin selling your products. But before you do, invest just a few hours in learning how to do it right so that your first launch is outstanding. There are numerous free resources to make it easier.
- Need to Know is a book by Paul Myers from TalkBiz, about starting your online business. (The ebook is free at http://talkbiz.com/.) Paul says, "There are five things you must have for a truly successful online business. They are:
- 1. A product that delivers value
- 2. A site that communicates that value effectively
- 3. Visitors that already want what you're selling
- 4. Leverage
- 5. Focus
With UBot Studio you can build a product that delivers value. But here's a few more things to fill in the rest of those gaps:
- Free "How to Market Your Software" Podcast episode from FoolishAdventure.com: How to Market Your Software
- Getting Real is a (now) free e-book about building web apps: http://gettingreal.37signals.com/.
- Written by the successful folks behind 37Signals (Basecamp, Highrise), Getting Real is part business management, part software creation guide. It will help you skip straight to the good stuff about starting your product creation. "Want to build a successful web app? Then it’s time to Get Real. Getting Real is a smaller, faster, better way to build software."
- Unleashing the IdeaVirus by Seth Godin is a marketing book, and the most popular e-book of all time. It will help you communicate the value of what you make: http://www.sethgodin.com/ideavirus/downloads/IdeavirusReadandShare.pdf
- "If you don’t have time to read the whole book, here’s what it says: Marketing by interrupting people isn’t cost-effective anymore. You can’t afford to seek out people and send them unwanted marketing messages, in large groups, and hope that some will send you money.Instead, the future belongs to marketers who establish a foundation and process where interested people can market to each other. Ignite consumer networks and then get out of the way and let them talk."
- Finding visitors that want what you're selling isn't too hard.
- Start at http://www.warriorforum.com, learn how WSO's work, and build from there.
- No one knows leverage better than Frank Kern (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDm3nt7dKFM).
- To leverage what you have, find his product, Mass Control, and use it.
- http://RescueTime.com productivity software will help you find the focus that you need.
- It is a free, completely passive way to track how much time you spend doing different tasks at your computer. You may discover that you could be building your online business in a quarter of the time once you see where that time is actually going.